Thursday 19 March 2015

Recent Experiences

Well, more events have taken place so time for an update. I can’t remember what I’ve already said, so f I repeat anything I apologise. After being nauseas and actually sick a lot for a number of days/a week I was given some medication (prochlorperazine) which has really helped take the edge of the sickness. It’s so nice not to be throwing up. I’m still feeling drained a lot of the time and a bit nauseas, but it’s nice not to be really bad like I was. The medication is helping so I’m happy with this.
   When I went to see the doctors and got given the medication they decided to give me blood tests. I don’t know if it’s normal but I felt very tired, dizzy and lightheaded for about 36 hours after having the blood take, which made me once again think that perhaps there is something to do with my blood. I’m starting to wonder whether I have enough, or the transportation of nutrients is lacking. That’s just Steven speculation and no help to anyone, but I will keep trying to analyse all the things and maybe hit the mark. I’m hoping with the doctors help something might come back to indicate what’s going on.
   During the time of waiting for the bloods I had to try and sort out the money/ESA related things and wait for the doctor to contact me so I could get more information to send away. I was told the message had been passed on to my doctor and I was seeing my doctor in a couple of days so decided to speak to them about it then.
   I went to my appointment and first of all asked the doctor about the bloods. They said everything was fine, which was disappointing as I hoped something might have shown as I have felt for a number of months that it could be something to do with my blood (We’ll come back to this topic in a minute). We then had a discussion about where to take things now and there was a little argument about whether it is time to embrace the mental health side of things or to do more tests. The doctor said I had done every test and there’s nothing more to do. I replied that I haven’t had a camera in my stomach yet to actually see if there is damage in my stomach that’s effecting my health, as the stomach is one of the key problems. The doctor was then adamant I had already had that test. After a little discussion they realised they either miss read my notes from previous doctors, or my notes were wrong. To think I’ve had such a test when I hadn’t is a pretty bad error, but I’m glad it was cleared up, but only happened because I stuck to my guns. So good and bad news is I’m going to have an endoscopy.
   This is great as it will clarify once and for all if the stomach is damaged someway that I believe it to be. And if there is nothing wrong in there then I can move forward and embrace the mental health avenue. It’s also bad as having the endoscopy is going to be brutal as being conscious while having a camera put down your throat can’t be pleasant for anyone. I’ll be sedated, but it’s going to be difficult to stay calm and not let any anxiety stuff take over. I’m sure it will be okay though as long as I apply all the strategies to distract myself.
   After coming to the agreement that going ahead with the endoscopy, we discussed the ESA stuff and the doctor wrote me out another note that they have to follow. Hopefully the ESA will be in touch and I’ll have a little bit of money coming in to cover the debts I’m racking up. Speaking of debt, I’ve also been to citizens advice bureau and they’ve referred me to the money advice section and some of my debts might be able to be reduced as they will write to the bank on my behalf so I pay less on my debts. This will mess up my credit rating but I really have no choice right now so I’m happy to do it. I have that meeting next week.
   After the doctors I went home and found a letter which made me laugh a lot. It was about my blood tests results. The doctor had said nothing was wrong, yet, the letter said I had to go back in four weeks for another full blood count. There was no explanation of why just that it needs to be done. I know the doctor is trying to help me and I appreciate the time and effort that goes into what doctors do, but it’s aggravating when so many easily avoidable mistakes are made. During the discussion with the doctor they asked why I’ve dealt with this health stuff myself for the last few years and not sort the help I should. I didn’t really answer it then, but I guess this is way. I just felt I could balance it all myself as no doctors have never truly listened or aren’t actually able to truly help due to the volume of people they see. Obviously, I can’t deal with all this anymore and that’s why I’m seeking and pushing for help, but when I feel let down constantly. Again, I do appreciate the help I am receiving and these are wonderful people trying to help so please don’t think I’m complaining I’m just making observations about my own personal experiences. If others are going through similar things just keep fighting your corner in a positive and constructive way, it’s hard at times but for the best in the long run. Don’t let things get worse and worse over the years and put yourself through a lot of pain.

I’ve also had another visit with the mental health therapist and our time was shorter than last time, but we made some progress. I’m more willing to take into account the concept/idea that if there isn’t anything too physically wrong with me it could be that all my emotional stress is almost sabotaging my body. I’m not ready to accept it just yet, but talking about it makes it easier to consider and I’ll only go down this avenue if the bloods and endoscopy don’t show anything. 

In other news I’m looking for new accommodation. I won’t go into details, but I have to move out of my current place. I’m looking for somewhere near to my brother and hopefully can find something in my price range. I should be stressed about such things but my life has been so chaotic over the last I’ve years I’m almost unphased by such things- it will work out one way or another.

I know I’ve said I shouldn’t post what the next post should be, as it always changes, but next post should be the part two about emotions.

Fun: These are terrible, ‘Doctor, Doctor,’ jokes but still put a smile on my face.

Education: I can’t think of anything that educational so going to leave it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment